Sunday, November 13, 2011

What To Leave Behind





What to leave behind...I think about that now...I am only 62 (only) but think if I died tomorrow what would the kids have to sort through.
When their father died in 1999 he left boxes and boxes of recorded VCRs. He was a movie buff. He always entertained us at the holidays with movies, some extremely weird; some wonderful.
But these boxes of movies were a pain eventually. We kept passing them around and some got rained on; and we didn't know what to do with them.
So I have folders and binders of copies of my art; mostly art that I sold on ebay. I used to record the buyer's name and address meticulously and add an image of what they purchased and when. I finally got rid of some of it the other night. I went on a throw-away bender. I thought about my busy children and my other disinterested family members and didn't want to leave all this stuff for them to sort through.
Morbid? Controlling? Manic? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment