Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dance





I went to a dance tonight. My friend and neighbor is a very persuasive, political type; and she found me at the thrift store and reminded me. I decided, Okay, I'll do it.


Working on an art project the afternoon went by quickly and suddenly it was time to go to the dance.


Combed my hair and grabbed my hat, made the bus in seconds flat.


No, I drove myself.


When I arrived only two people were there: she and one man. Two more women arrived. We all danced by ourselves, together, at the yoga studio. It took awhile to get into it and my knees were stiff, but after awhile it was warm and my knees felt okay.


It was drizzly/rainy outside. I thought about stopping at a bar on my way home.

She likes soul music. Sugar Pie Honey Bunch. It was alright. I like rock 'n roll. But the soul kept us calm with a few interesting riffs along the way.


And such great exercise!! Ah...my legs will be sore tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment