Sunday, May 8, 2011

Art Fair








Today was our Second Sunday Artisans Fair with five of us participating: Kristen with jewelry; Patricia with jewelry; Evergreen collaging boxes; Lisa knitting with alpaca yarn; and I with my colored pencils, drawing and displaying art cards, mine and my collection of cards by other artists.




No one had ever heard of ACEO's and I explained what they are and even gave Evergreen some blanks and sleeves in case she wants to make some.



It was chilly and overcast but fun. Just getting outside and interacting with people walking by is good for the store and I saw some people I know.
I even sold a card and a small collaged piece of wood.



We talked and ran around in and out of the store. Evergreen maintains a free- book cart and she put some new books on it today and also some old picture frames, free for the taking. I grabbed a Eudora Welty short stories book and one about Picasso...and a few wooden frames.



There was sadness for our member artist Lori Zimmerman who passed away yesterday and I perused her stock of art, wondering which piece would represent her best. She was a mixed-media artist.



I couldn't decide.












No comments:

Post a Comment