Monday, August 16, 2010

Making Art



Haven't felt like making art lately. In one of those dry periods; no inspiration. Maybe it's because I have a job or maybe it's because I am not an active member of the art co-op right now.
Or maybe it's because I have too many unsold paintings and it doesn't seem practical to make any more.
This is one of my earliest pieces of art. Cat in the Woods. Maybe the fifth or sixth painting I did when I first got out the old watercolor kit from the seventies...and the brush...and started to play around.
I like its whimsical, naive look.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelby.
    It's been a while. Sorry to hear you are not making any art right now. I guess we all go through dry spells at one time or another. I have ideas in my head, just can't find the time to paint. I have a chance to put some of my paintings in a gallery, but I need more. So, I NEED to paint. I don't want to miss this opportunity.
    Just lounging around in the sun sounds wonderful, Shelby. It has been too hot here to do that all summer. We are finally getting some rain and the temps are a little better.
    Your new Blog Layout is really nice. I like the background color a lot and I love your picture as the header.
    Well, hopefully, you will get back to painting one day soon. In the meantime, enjoy yourself and relax. Your paintings look wonderful in the window!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete