Sunday, July 25, 2010

Whimsical Art






I like to paint from my imagination...Will I live long enough to paint everything I want to paint? Probably not; so I just keep painting from my imagination and see what develops there.
Not to say I haven't painted nature. It is a challenge like anything else and sometimes the work doesn't turn out too badly...it is all an inspiration...
This is my last Sunday at the co-op before my leave of absence.
Today I work 10-12 and work with the artist who is taking my place, a pastel painter named Barbara. She seems capable and enthusiastic about the co-op. She will open the store on Sunday mornings and someone will take her place at noon.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you paint from your imagination rather than from a scene you see in front of you. Your art is always vibrant, colorful and imaginative. You have a style of your own which makes your art so YOU!! I think everyone would agree! I love your style.
    I know what you mean about not having enough time to paint all the things you have in your head. I rarely find time to paint these days, so I need to live to be very old so I can get some of my ideas on canvas. hahaha
    Enjoy your free time away from the co-op!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete