Friday, January 29, 2010

Joy To The World


I took this canvas to class yesterday and it was just covered with watery pink and blue paint. I started in without a plan like I do most of my paintings and the teacher said that I am an "intuitive." Someone who paints without a plan, I guess.
His most important comment to me was to blend...more blending... So I kept blending. I think this blending is easier in oil and thus more people use oil...I need to investigate this...
But you can blend in acrylic if you keep at it and keep it juicy with water and if you are quick because acrylic dries so fast.
Of course I can't blend it all and now I am putting in some details and calling it, "Joy To The World" because I keep reading so many sad things on the internet and feel sort of doomed sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment