Thursday, October 8, 2009

Art on a Postcard

My art was selected to be on a postcard. I have collected lots of postcards with other artist's work on them. Some I put on a bulletin board; some I file away. I am always pleased with their choices for the postcards.
I never thought I would get my own postcard but I did. The Carpinteria Arts Council had an email blast soliciting images for their next postcard for their next show. I sent a few images off and lo and behold! they picked one of my paintings.
Only trouble was I had already sold it. I called the buyer up to see if I could have it back! And she said, "Sure." So I framed it (she hadn't framed it) and took it to the gallery and it now hangs in their current show which is called Celebration.
The show will end November 11th and I will pick it up and return it to my buyer.
It looks brighter on the postcard than it does in person but it is pretty framed.
Hooray for postcards!

No comments:

Post a Comment