Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Solstice

I found parking in Santa Barbara, 90-minute, and I took my art under my arm and trudged up the street in my soft leather shoes.
I found the restaurant and it was closed but the kind woman let me in. It was the Sojourner Cafe where I am having my own show in April. But I had the wrong location for turning in Solstice art.
I rummaged through my burlap bag and found the paperwork. Ah hah! Art goes right to the Solstice office to which the woman directed me and I found it quick enough. Traffic whizzing by in little Santa Barbara. Little? Where have I been?
I went in the building, asked someone where B4 was and down I went in the elevator. Here was another beautiful woman sitting at her desk to welcome me. She loved the painting and we talked for quite awhile. She had past Solstice art on the walls and told me about how they make the decision.
All in all, a good experience, and I owe it all to my daughter who always gives me the push I need.

2 comments: