Friday, November 20, 2009



Oh it was a fast week. They all are. To slow time down, I should get a job where I sit and stare at the clock. It's 11 a.m., almost lunch; it's 2:30 p.m.; almost time to have a 3 o'clock break. That would do it!
Created art and sent art. Had a horrible postal clerk that made me feel small and stupid and irritable. I wanted to report her. But I sucked it up and figured it was just two crabby ships passing in the night.
The cold gets me hunched over and dried up...the holiday lights are appearing on houses and even a little Christmas music here and there.
I have a few presents. I am not as extravagant as I used to be. My children are grown up.
Business is slow everywhere in town and I can tell people are really worried. Ojai's only industry is tourism.
After Thanksgiving it will pick up: how much is anybody's guess!
Art keeps me going and I sold a few paintings this month and that really helped cheer me up! Thank you to lovely Tina for buying my Horse Rapture and the lady who bought the Angel and You Wear It Well...and a couple girls had mats cut...thank you..thank you...thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't wish for that kind of job. It is soul killing!

    ReplyDelete